How to Convert Yahoo’s WordPress 2.02beta to Current 2.3.1
These Are The Steps I Followed – Part 5
To Do List – General
- Fix the internal links – mainly within Pages and Case Law – done
- Added new Category: Exclusive Content.
- Add all the missing files from www site and link: Chile, Issues, Memorable Quotes, Lost at Sea, and Bookstore.
- Transfer all the search terms from files in Original to like files on newsite. Many seem to have made the leap with All in one SEO Pack plug-in.
- Update files with Tags.
- Transfer all the descriptions from files in Original to like files on newsite.
- Begin the process of using the Google engine and Google Analyticator – following the instructions:
Correct Search Engine Friendly h1/h2/h3 Markup
How to improve Search Engine Function
Google Webmasters Central
- Rename original site in Yahoo’s File Manager. Rename new site to original name.
- Transfer any registered users to new site – if possible.
- Change WP Options to allow site to be found, as well as pasting various ping engines back.
Theme info – General
- Bernie – works well except developer link goes to a travel site in France.
- Cutline 1.1 is ok, but code for header.php difficult to modify to put pages across top since using default linking structure.
- Green Marinée, Blix, Almost Spring, Ocadia, Pool, Classic are old and not widget ready.
- Connections 1.0 code is worked over and works well except same problem with widgets.
- SunsetIdea – might work with smaller font size for header tabs, make page wider, lose the header graphic and color scheme.
- The Morning After – not 2.31 ready, complicated to make work too many code modification
- Mimbo – not 2.31 ready, complicated to make work too many code modification
Using Neo-Classical Theme – hacked off the left sidebar, adjusted the post portion wider – the original was set for Google Ads to display better, but I do not use them.
I’ve divided these files into parts because several of them are quite long, as well as following the steps seems easier this way.